Students from non-EU countries need to obtain a student visa to study at the Barcelona Management Institute. The BMI admissions office can assist you in the visa application process. Please contact us for more information.
BMI will issue the required documents to apply once the first deposit has been received. Please be aware that the student visa processing usually takes longer than expected, an average of four months.
If a student’s visa application is refused by the Spanish authorities, the tuition deposit will be refunded upon submission of the official refusal letter from the Spanish authorities (original document), minus 10% for administrative expenses.
General Student Visa Guidelines
Required student visa documents (please check with your local Spanish consulate as these may vary slightly from country to country):
- Visa Application Form, provided by the Spanish embassy in your country
- 4 passport size photographs
- Original transcripts of previous studies
- Original letter of acceptance from Barcelona Management Institute
- Original documents showing the fees paid to BMI
- Police Clearance Certificate (evidence of good behavior) from your local police station. In some cases this certificate needs to be stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Notarized copy of your passport (passport validity at least 6 months)
- Supporting documents (i.e. bank statement) demonstrating financial solvency
- Medical Certificate stating good health